Thursday, August 15, 2013

Wanderlust: Northern Guate and Belize

After leaving Santiago, I met up with Casey and Lisa (my friends I'd met in Xela) and we toured northern Guatemala together! We had a truly amazing time filled with adventure, crazy bus rides and new friends. I also met up with Kate (from Santa Cruz) in Belize and we had an incredible snorkeling adventure. Here is a glimpse of some of the highlights of my trip on my way home to the states!

Casey and I at Volcan Pacaya roasting marshmallows in a heat vent
Volcan Pacaya, an active volcano
Semuc Champey- beautiful spot
Semuc Champey limestone pools from the ridge above

About to go for a swim!

Semuc Champey

Lanquin River, view from Zephyr Lodge

One of the world's largest Mayan ruins

Buildings poking through the canopy

Tikal

Main center of town


Ready for battle!

Welcome to Belize

Morning watching the sunrise on Caye Caulker

Belize motto

Snorkeling with sharks

We're about to dive in!

Kate and I on the sailboat after snorkeling

Beautiful Caribbean water

Caye Caulker


No comments:

Post a Comment